Win a Colorado Road Trip Vacation
Congratulations to Aprille Walsh of Oak View, Calif., winner of the Colorado Road Trip vacation. See previous winners at the bottom of the page.
This trip takes you from guided hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park to sandboarding the drifts in Great Sand Dunes National Park. On the way, stop at hot springs, lakes and river rafting spots. Enter Dec 14, 2021 through Feb 22, 2022.
Here’s the Trip We Planned for You!
Note: Trail Ridge Road through Rocky Mountain National Park is open June through October weather permitting, making a shorter drive from Estes Park to River Run RV Resort. Check road conditions before traveling.
Fly into the Denver International Airport. Or, if you are driving from home, head for your first stop: Morgan County
Small-Town Charm and an Idyllic Lake in Morgan County
- Stay two nights in Fort Morgan at the Best Western Plus Overland Inn (standard room, double occupancy). Don’t forget to eat your complimentary full breakfast at the hotel in the morning before you head out to explore.
- Use your two free passes to Jackson Lake State Park and go on an interpretive nature hike or relax on its sandy beaches. The lake has been ranked one of the “Top 15 Park Beaches” by Reserve America. Keep your eye out for park wildlife including pelicans, eagles, hawks, heron, deer, coyote, turkeys, waterfowl and numerous shore birds.
- Visit the Jackson Lake State Park Visitor Center with your $50 gift certificate. The store sells gifts and books including an assortment of cookbooks.
- Both nights, head to one of Morgan County’s restaurants for complimentary dinner for two.
- View more information at www.morgancountytourism.com
Go on a Guided Day Hike in Rocky Mountain National Park with Wildland Trekking
- Choose a day hike in Rocky Mountain National Park including Sky Pond, Continental Divide Summits, Longs Peak, Chasm Lake, Glacier Gorge, Odessa Gorge or a snowshoe tour. Trip dates based on availability. Reservation must be made directly with Wildland Trekking sixty days or more in advance of desired trip dates.
- More information at wildlandtrekking.com
Relax at River Run Resort
- Stay 3 nights in a vacation rental – your choice of Arrowhead, Foxtail or Bearclaw units with a 6-person maximum. Reservation dates subject to availability. Not valid on holiday weekends or weekend stays June 17, 2022 – August 21, 2022.
- Get a free golf cart rental during your stay
- Spend your $50 voucher at an on-site restaurant
- View more information at www.sunoutdoors.com/colorado/river-run-rv-resort
Make a Splash in Chaffee County
- Stay one night in a large cabin at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort. Soak in their hot springs on both check-in and check-out day. (Based on availability, Sunday thru Thursday only)
- Take a River Runners half-day whitewater rafting trip for two on the Arkansas River through Browns Canyon National Monument. Take in the impressive mountain and canyon scenery. You’ll see rock spires, hoodoos, and tall walls of granite on both sides.
- View more information at ColorfulColorado.com
See the Unexpected in Alamosa, Gateway to Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve
- Stay one night in Alamosa at Fairfield Inn & Suites (standard room, double occupancy). The hotel is just 43 minutes from the entrance to Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve.
- One Great Sand Dunes National Park entrance pass (non-commercial vehicle and occupants, good for 7 consecutive days).
- Stop by Kristy Mountain Sports in Alamosa to pick up your two free sandboard rentals before heading to the national park.
- After the park, use your $40 gift certificate to San Luis Valley Brewing Company.
- View more information about the national park and things to do in Alamosa at Alamosa.org
Head back to the airport or begin your drive home.
Enter to Win | Official Rules and Prizes
2022 Winner: Aprille Walsh of Oak View, Calif.
2021 Winner: Paul Silva from Denver, Colo.
2020 Winner: Rachel Raimondi from Peekskill, N.Y.
2019 Winner: Robert Tribble from Jacksonville Florida
2018 Winner: LouAnn McGraw from Castle Rock, Colo.