Here's the Trip We Planned for You!
This trip takes you from guided hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park to sandboarding the drifts in Great Sand Dunes National Park. On the way, stop at hot springs, lakes and river rafting spots. Enter Dec 17 through Feb 27, 2020.
The winner will get inspired for their road trip with the beautiful coffee table book: Atlas of National Parks by NatGeo Books. Including stunning photos, histories and information about 59 of America’s national parks. The winner will also receive detailed waterproof and tear-resistant NatGeo trail maps and the NatGeo Guide to National Parks.
Fly into the Denver International Airport. Or, if you are driving from home, head for your first stop: Morgan County
Small-Town Charm and an Idyllic Lake in Morgan County
- Stay two nights in Fort Morgan at the Best Western Plus Overland Inn. Don't forget to eat your complimentary full breakfast at the hotel in the morning before you head out to explore.
- Use your two free passes to Jackson Lake State Park and go on an interpretive nature hike or relax on its sandy beaches. The lake has been ranked one of the "Top 15 Park Beaches" by Reserve America. Keep your eye out for park wildlife including pelicans, eagles, hawks, heron, deer, coyote, turkeys, waterfowl and numerous shore birds.
- Visit the Jackson Lake State Park Visitor Center with your $50 gift certificate. The store sells gifts and books including an assortment of cookbooks.
- Both nights, head to one of Morgan County's restaurants for complimentary dinner for two.
- View more information at www.morgancountytourism.com
5-Day All-Inclusive Guided Hiking Vacation in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Spend 5 days hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park with an expert guide from Wildland Trekking. Experience all of the diversity the park has to offer - pristine mountain lakes, high peaks and alpine glaciers, bighorn sheep and elk.
- Stay four nights at a premier lodge in Estes Park, minutes from the national park.
- All meals from breakfast the first day through lunch on the last day are included with your vacation.
- You're even provided with top-of-the-line daypacks and hiking poles to use.
- See the trip dates available on the official rules.
- View more information at www.wildlandtrekking.com/colorado-hiking/inn-based-hiking/best-of-rocky-mountain.html
Make a Splash in Chaffee County
- Stay one night in a large cabin at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort. Soak in their hot springs on both check-in and check-out day. (Based on availability, Sunday thru Thursday only) mtprinceton.com
- Take a River Runners half-day whitewater rafting trip for two on the Arkansas River through Browns Canyon National Monument. Take in the impressive mountain and canyon scenery. You'll see rock spires, hoodoos, and tall walls of granite on both sides. whitewater.net
- View more information at ColorfulColorado.com
See the Unexpected in Alamosa, Gateway to Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve
- Stay one night in Alamosa at Fairfield Inn & Suites. The hotel is just 43 minutes from the entrance to Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve.
- Stop by Kristy Mountain Sports in Alamosa to pick up your two free sandboard rentals before heading to the national park. A day pass to the park is included with the prize.
- In the evening, enjoy dinner at Rubi Slipper with your $40 gift certificate.
- View more information about the national park and things to do in Alamosa at Alamosa.org
Head back to the airport or begin your drive home.
2019 Winner: Robert Tribble from Jacksonville Florida
2018 Winner: LouAnn McGraw from Castle Rock, Colorado